I am no stranger to used clothing. I LOVE thrift and consignment store shopping. With my daughter growing out of clothing like it’s going out of style, I don’t hesitate when someone wants to sell me 9 pairs of shoes for $4 (especially since the last two pairs I bought for her were $50+ each!).
These next couple of posts are going to be about reviving used kid shoes. Most of the shoes I got are in very good to excellent condition, but some need a bit of love.
My first set of shoes that I worked on are these Winnie the Pooh rubber rain boots. After doing some research online, I found a great way to clean rubber rain boots.
- A sink with lukewarm water
- Sunlight dish soap
- A sponge with a rough side on it
- Toilet paper roll tubes x2
- Dirty boots
How to clean rubber boots:
- Fill sink with lukewarm water
- Put Sunlight on a sponge
- Scrub you’re little heart out
- Place boots on toilet paper roll to dry standing up
- And voila! You’re done!